...::: International House of Prayer :::...

sábado, 7 de janeiro de 2012

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss...

God gave something so dear to Him, and why cant we give up even something that is dear to us in this world that is so small, for him? We are so full with the things of the world, cravings of our flesh,things that matter to us most in this world that we cannot let go and count as loss.

Paul, said in Philippians 3: 7 -11

"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider then rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be focused in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ-the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead."

He would be glad to lose everything for just the sake of knowing Christ. Then we come to a conclusion knowing Christ is the best thing one can have. But how to find the knowledge of God and know Christ?

"My son, if you receive my words, And treasure my commands within you, My son, if you receive my words, And treasure my commands within you, So that you incline your ear to wisdom, And apply your heart to understanding; Yes, if you cry out for discernment, And lift up your voice for understanding, If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden TREASURES; Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, And find the knowledge of God. " Proverbs 2:1-5

TREASURE? What treasure?

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. "Matthew 6:21

Our heart MUST be in Christ, He's our treasure.Knowing Him is our key to find the knowledge of God. Wanna know why?just look this verses

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. "Isaiah 45:22
"... I am the way, the truth, and the life:no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. "John 14:6

IF WE WANNA KNOW THE FATHER,WE MUST LOOK TO THE SON!

And to grow in the knowledge of God, MUST be my number one PRIORITY!

"...And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. " Colossians 1:18

Keep thinking about: Die to self?
RELAX,it comes when you starts to know God deeply and to pursue Him.
And I can tell you it's a never ending journey, but it's worth :)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário