...::: International House of Prayer :::...

quarta-feira, 17 de dezembro de 2008

It's about Jesus!


Colossians 1:16 (Msg.) “For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, … everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him.”

Bertrand Russell, atheist : “Unless you assume [there is] a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.”

It’s not about me.

Three Insights:

1. Relationship with Jesus leads to discovery of my identity and purpose.

2. God planned me without my input. I may many things about my life, but not its purpose!

3. My purpose interacts in God’s larger, cosmic purpose.

Pt. 2 Ponder: “It’s not about me!”

Verse 2 Remember: Col. 3:16b (Msg.) “Everything got started in Him and finds it’s purpose in Him.”

Question 2 Consider : How can I remind myself that life is really about Christ?

Answer : By thinking about God first thing in the morning, when I first wake up; ask God to open my eyes and ears and soften my heart toward my fellow mankind. Think how is what I am about to do, don’t do, say or don’t say going to impact this person. Is it for the greater good of them or does it merely scratch my itch?

What drives most people? Success, Wealth, Health

What drives me? Financial needs, Physical / emotional gratification

Metaphor for my life : Merry go Round - jumping from horse to horse, going in a circle headed no where.

REMEMBER:"It's not about you,everything about God".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD-ZdMOx_HY

Um comentário:

  1. Amigaa!
    escreva sempre!
    eu venho aqui todo dia pra ler...Obrigada por existir e Jesus te usar através daqui!


    Beeeijos ;*

    ResponderExcluir